I'm back!

Attention: I will only be limited to writing on Friday and the weekend! Please keep note of this!

For those of you who don't go on twitter or the PH website, I am here to announce the reopening of The Austin Critic! It seems that two weeks after announcing my departure from Anim blogging, a few more events occurred during my hiatus, resulting in my return to anime blogging!

So with my return, many of you are going to want to know why I left anime blogging. Well... it seems that while I was writing episodic reviews of anime, I accidentally closed myself off from society. The blog became too much for me to handle, and kept on interfering with my personal life, resulting in a very bad relationship with my family and friends. It was for these reasons, that I was actually forced to end the blog, until we could find a way of balancing both my personal life and writing. This resulted in my decision to stop writing episodic reviews on my site, meaning that there will be no more episodic reviews on my site.

However, that isn't to say that I won't be writing that much content. I will still be writing my first impressions posts on Janaiblog, while I may review one anime episodically on Project Haruhi. Any reviews I write on this site will either be reviews of unlicensed material or any DVD box set that I found interesting enough to review.

That also isn't to say that I will only be writing about anime, as I've also decided to do something a little... odd. I have decided to also write about US politics on my blog, due to the fact that I have to broaden my writing interests if I want to make a living writing. The articles are opinionated, meaning that if you are offended easily, then don't bother reading them.

Thanks for all your support,
Eric Robinson
The Austin Critic

1 comments: (+add yours?)

Janai said...

I've gone through similar phases as well, where I've gotten so absorbed into the fandom that it affected my personal life. I've never done episodic reviews for this reason - it's just too much of a burden.

Glad to see that you're back. As for you writing about politics - I expect kei_angels to have a field day with this. :D